Happy Easter!




I was so pleased on Sunday morning that I had waited it out and saved my delicious Cadbury's Easter egg! I very much enjoyed the creamy chocolate goodness.
Korea does not provide for such occasions! I also made a batch of hot cross buns to celebrate.

I found a pretty decent recipe on the net and they came out much better than last year!


Hot Cross Buns
 
Ingredients
625g plain flour
45g butter
Tsp salt
Tsp ginger
Tsp cinnamon
85g sugar
Lemon juice
1x 7g sachet of yeast
1 egg
300ml tepid liquid (I used half milk half water)
125g raisins.

Method
1. I combined all the dry ingredients and rubbed in the butter.
2. Add the egg and yeast which I dissolved in the warm milk.
3. Knead the dough for 10 mins and left it to prove in a warm place for 1 hour.
4. After proving, I beat the air out the dough and kneaded 12 small dough balls.
5. Combine some flour and a little water to make a pastry crust and stuck crossed strips on the bread using milk.
6. Bake the buns for 15mins on 200c.

Actually came out really well! Yummy.
We enjoyed them with some lurpack we found by chance in Lotte which seriously made my day!


Comments